Ideally suited to meet the growing demand for IIoT applications at the edge of optimal network coverage, this Series of BreadCrumb nodes provide reliable data, voice and video transmissions for teams, light-duty vehicles, and other roving assets that require network connectivity and constant access to real-time communications.
Rajant BreadCrumb® JR3 – True IIoT Edge Connectivity
The JR3 is our single-transceiver, single-antenna system which is frequently used in private wireless networks on light-duty vehicles, edge devices, and remote Access Points. Its small footprint and weather-resistance make it a good choice for remote data collection, remote Access Point communications, transmission of low-bandwidth reports from vehicles and equipment such as pumps, and connectivity for IP cameras and other surveillance equipment.
The JR3 is fully compatible with the other BreadCrumbs in the Rajant product portfolio. Although not intended for infrastructure, the JR3 can be combined with Rajant’s LX5 and ME4 models to form a complete meshing solution.
- Supports 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio frequencies for a wide variety of applications and environments.
- Supports several cryptographic options used for data and MAC-address encryption and per-hop, per-packet authentication.
- Provides integrated Wi-Fi Access Point service for compatibility with thousands of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) client devices such as laptops, tablets, smart phones, IP cameras, sensors, and other IP devices.
- Low power consumption.
- Offers reliable and fast off-loading to Ethernet via multiple, simultaneous bridge-mode links through the Automatic Protocol Tunneling (APT) feature.
- Mesh Clustering designates per-BreadCrumb sub-meshes that will only mesh with a user-specified series of nodes; useful to isolate one or more groups of BreadCrumbs to mesh with each other and not with other nodes outside the user-deﬁned mesh cluster.