The Rajant Peregrine FE1-2255B is a high-performance, quad-radio industrial-grade, wireless Kinetic Mesh BreadCrumb. Infused with Rajant’s patented InstaMesh protocol, the Peregrine offers higher throughput with enhanced security performance using 256QAM, 80 MHz channels, and hardware acceleration. The platform combines high speed, highly flexible mobile connectivity to reliably power new applications at the edge—from video and LiDAR processing to robotics that leverage machine learning—with the enhanced performance required to meet the needs of the ever-expanding deployment of CCTV for automation.
Rajant BreadCrumb® Peregrine
The Peregrine is our elite BreadCrumb solution and is part of Rajant’s initiative to develop deeply integrated solutions that securely combine data from connected people, vehicles, machines, and sensors, with machine learning. This data combination unlocks the benefits of process optimization, digital twins, predictive analytics, condition-based maintenance, augmented reality, and virtual reality while improving worker safety. The Peregrine is interoperable with all our technology to expand market capabilities for industries like rail, shipping ports, military, mining, and heavy construction.
The Peregrine contains up to four transceivers and provides Ethernet and 802,11AC Wi-Fi Access Point and client interfaces to enable data, voice, and video applications.
- Quad 2×2 MIMO radio: Two 2.4 GHz transceivers (300 Mbps signaling rate; DSS, CCK, and OFDM) and two 5 GHz transceivers (866 Mbps signaling rate; OFDM with 256QAM; up to 80MHz channel bw; U-NII-1, 2A, 2C, and 3 [5.15 to 5.85GHz]).
- Interfaces: Ethernet – two M12 10/100/1000 auto MDIX with support for IEEE 802.3bt Type 3 or 38 to 60 VDC Passive PoE; no squid cables; USB: – USB 2.0 Type A host; DC power – 20 to 60V; and power consumption – 16W average, 36W peak.
- Max RF TX Power: 30 dBm conducted.
- Enclosure rating: IP67.
- Integrated 802.11AC Wi-Fi Access Point and client service for compatibility with millions of commercial off-the-shelf Wi-Fi client devices such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, IP cameras, sensors, and other IP devices
- Security: Configurable per-hop, per-packet authentication between BreadCrumbs; multiple cryptographic options; and optional MAC address encryption.
- Form Factor: 264.9 mm x 253.7 mm x 46.2mm (10.43” x 9.99” x 1.82”) and 2946 g (6 lbs. 7.9 oz.).
- Temperature: Ambient (operating) -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F) and storage: -40°C to 80°C (-40°F to 176°F).